At Montanya Distillers, we receive many requests and inquiries about renting our venue for parties, special events, weddings, rehearsal dinners, fundraisers, and more. Folks want to play music and others invite us to provide cocktails at their private party elsewhere. We'd love to say "YES" to every request!
Here is a list of our favorite things to do at Montanya (and beyond):
- Live Music: We love to book acoustic acts up to 4 performers (to in our space) who play their own original music. We avoid cover musicians who play the same old, same old numbers we have been hearing for decades. We do not have a PA or sound system to provide. We host live music all year round, typically during apres-ski/apres-adventure hours in summer and winter from 6-9pm. Please contact Wade Koeman, our Front of House Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in playing at Montanya Distillers. We typically pay 5-10% of the bar with cocktails and food provided. We LOVE live music and would love to book you if it is a good fit. Please provide links for us to have a listen. For more information, click here.
- After-Parties: Since we close our Tasting Room by 9:30pm, Montanya is a great place to host a private party that starts at 9:00 or 10pm. Maybe a dance party with live music or a DJ? A cocktail gathering after your wedding? You name it, we want to hear your ideas. Bring in a DJ, performer or band, push away the furniture to make a dance floor, mingle among our beautiful stills! Even bring on a costume party or theme party.
- Sunday Morning Brunch: For a baby shower, a wedding-related breakfast or brunch, a special family gathering, etc! Bring in your own favorite caterer, decorate our space as you wish, request morning cocktails like our Bloody Mary (fresh-made in house), a full Bloody Mary bar, and The Morning Brunch cocktail (all fresh squeezed juices) and more. These are best when scheduled between 9am and 11am.
- Fundraisers: This is one of the ways that Montanya Distillers most effectively supports our community. Let us host your fundraiser or invite us to donate cocktails or rum for your non-profit fundraiser. We will even bartend and design cocktails! We don't say yes to every request but we try!
- Cocktail Catering: We'd LOVE to come to your wedding, private party or liquor-licensed event to make cocktails on site. July is not the best month for this given how busy we get, but many other times we can say yes. Our mixologists and bartenders specialize in Montanya Rum cocktails (of course) but we even design cocktails and bartend for our signature Colorado Cocktail Bar in which all offerings are made with beautiful Colorado spirits, wine and beer from our favorite Colorado distilleries. wineries and breweries. What an amazing thing to offer for a destination wedding or event for a visiting group. We partner with Mountain Spirits of Crested Butte who retails the spirits, wines and beers not made by Montanya Distillers ourselves.
- Rehearsal Dinners and Weddings: We are definitely not the best wedding and rehearsal dinner venue in Crested Butte, unless it is the off-season. We are small (56 people seated, 75 people in a casual mingling setting) and we don't typically cater the food - only cocktails and appetizers - although we partner with great caterers. We are a working distillery with lots of equipment permanently installed, which looks very cool but takes up space. We'd rather not close our doors to the public during our regular business hours in the high seasons, and it takes a facility fee to make it worth our while to turn our regular customers away. We don't have banquet tables, plates and flatware, linens, etc. That said, if this is the best, coolest place for you and your group, we will always consider your inquiry. We do love to host after parties, Sunday brunches and be a place for welcome gatherings as your guests arrive. If we say yes, it will be AWESOME. All things are possible, after all. :)
Each event is custom designed. Let us know how our beautiful building might help you to realize your vision!